Mon, Sep 17|
Advanced Concealed Compartment Class (LE restricted)
This advanced course is comprised of lecture based learning and practical application covering both vehicle concealed compartments and residential concealed compartments.
Time & Location
Sep 17, 2018, 8:00 AM – Sep 18, 2018, 4:00 PM
Paladin Center, 39 Seminary Hill Rd, Carmel Hamlet, NY 10512, USA
About The Event
There is a fee of $ 149.00 per student.
See Registration and Payment information below
Seats are limited so act now!
Instructed by Palestra Group International, Sponsored By NY/NJ HIDTA
Hosted By the Paladin Center
The Paladin Center will be hosting a Two Day Advanced Concealed Compartment Course being presented by Palestra Group International. This advanced course is comprised of lecture based learning and practical application covering both vehicle concealed compartments and residential concealed compartments. This course has been designed to provide the attendee with the tools to recognize, identify and subsequently interdict the criminal transportation and concealment of illicit narcotics, illegal firearms and the proceeds of crime. The course reveals the tactics, methodology and practices used by narcotics traffickers to conceal contraband and dissuade officers from furthering investigations at the advanced level.
Using a stepped approach, this course is designed to take the attendee through a step by step criminal interdiction investigation from the development of probable cause to the search and successful seizure of contraband. These interdiction investigations pose a unique, as well as a specific threat to officer safety during the development of PC As these investigations progress, the development of probable cause, the art of interview/ interrogation and the analytical techniques used to further the investigation play a pivotal role. This stepped approach guarantees that the legality of the search and seizure while protecting the defendant’s rights are preserved. This approach also ensures that the subsequent search and seizure of illicit contraband can support a successful prosecution.
Through the use of classroom instruction, group discussion and practical application during vehicle searches the attendee will be instructed in the proven techniques used to successfully interdict the transportation of contraband over the interstate as well local highways and by-ways. This is achieved by providing the basics needed to advance a vehicle and traffic stop into an interdiction investigation. Through the guidance and assistance of the instructors, the attendee will be tasked with several exercises intended to reinforce the training material through actual demonstration and a “hands on” approach.
Topics to be covered:
VEHICLE CONCEALED COMPARTMENTS
- Techniques used to identify criminal activity “Visual Pat Down”
- Proper techniques used to safely affect a vehicle and traffic stop
- Tactical vehicle approach and occupant evaluation
- Roadside Interview
- Analysis of verbal and visual clues
- Case development beyond the initial stop
- Road hazards and specific threats to safety of highway interdiction officers
- Driver/Occupant interrogation
- Spiritual beliefs and icons
- Body Language Analysis
- Detailed and comprehensive vehicle searches
- Recognition and identification of common masking techniques used-
IDENTIFICATION OF AFTERMARKET AND MANUFACTURER INSTALLED COMPARTMENTS
- Analysis of GPS instruments, vehicle receipts and suspect statements
- Courtroom preparation for prosecution
- Identification of concealed compartments used to transport bulk currency
- Identification of vehicle gun compartments
- Identify booby traps and common explosives in their original packaging
- Proper technique to open compartments secured by electronic locking device
- Hands On searches of vehicles with actual concealed compartments
Registration: Read and follow all instructions
1. Go to Web Address: https://registration.nhac.org
2. The Username is: Class (type the word Class the way it is written)
3. The Password is: Class (type the word Class the way it is written)
4. Select the New York / New Jersey HIDTA
5. Select the training event for registration, your course by name and date.
6. Complete the form and hit the “Complete Registration” button
7. You will receive a confirmation of your enrollment via email from email@example.com
The fee for this class is $149.00 per student
Pre- Payment: Call in Credit/Debit card payment to: (646) 464-8041.
Mail payment to:
Palestra Group International
4910 Merrick Rd #27, Massapequa Park, NY 11762.
Make Payment at the door. Credit Cards, Cash, Money Orders, Checks all Personal, County, Department /Agency Checks payable to: Palestra Group International.
Purchase Orders, MUST be arranged with vendor in advance of class.
All question concerning payment or other financial issues please contact vendor:
Palestra Group International
4910 Merrick Rd #27
Massapequa Park, NY 11762.
US (646) 464-8041 Canada (514) 235-9849