Emergency Preparedness 101 March 30th
Time & Location
About The Event
NATURAL AND MAN-MADE DISASTERS ---- ARE YOU PREPARED?
This class is designed to help individuals learn the basics of surviving short term and long term interruptions of basic civil services and infrastructure failures. The class is taught by a 30 year outdoor guide and Search and Rescue veteran and survivalist.
This 5-hour lecture based seminar will cover:
- Proper mindset
- The pros and cons of where you live & work
- What hazards & obstacles you may face
- Discuss how to start preparing for things such as simple power outage to a extended infrastructure failure.
- Discuss getting home, bugging in and bugging out
- Proper gear selection, preparation and storage
- Food-stocking, storing & preparation
- Water-stocking, storing,collection &making safe
- Sheltering in vehicle, home and on foot.
- Sanitation and Hygiene
- Medical - supplies and training
- Power - collecting, storing and usage
- Security considerations and preparations