Time is TBD|
EMS Self Defense / Krav Maga (1)
This is a Krav Maga based mission specific course for EMS personnel. For EMS to truly deal with what we face on the job, we must have seamless training that prepares us for battle in four specific areas: our minds, the street, the media and the courtroom.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Paladin Center, 39 Seminary Hill Road, Carmel Hamlet, NY, USA
About The Event
When dealing with violence on the job, those in EMS, firefighters on an EMS call, and emergency department nurses for that matter, are in a unique environment. Unlike any other person placed in a perceived self-defense situation, we have to recognize, in a split-second, whether we are dealing with a person who is really trying to harm us or not.
This class is based on Krav Maga. It is a military self-defense and fighting system developed for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and Israeli security forces derived from a combination of techniques sourced from boxing, wrestling, aikido, judo and karate, along with realistic fight training. Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-world situations and its extreme efficiency.
This class will include:
- Defensive Tactics
- Threats and possible concerns associated with DT
- Use of force Tactics
- Verbal communication
- Striking / Controlling / Take-downs
- Live scenarios including inside an ambulance
It will also include:
- Critical thinking skills to understand the difference between a true medical/trauma patient (who may touch or attempt to touch with no real intent to harm) and an actual attacker (who may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and does intend harm).
- The actual application of a physical skill is what most people think of when discussing self-defense. When it comes to the battle of the street, consider moves that more often will allow you to escape the violent encounter.
- Reporting of criminal assaults to Supervisors and Law Enforcement.
- Proper documentation of the violent encounter
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 20 STUDENTS
CREDIT - parts of this advertisement are based on Kip Teitsort EMS1.com article from February 11, 2019
EMS Self Defense / Krav Maga